Proudly Offering Custom Shutters, Window Treatments & More In Richmond, Midlothian and Glen Allen, VA
- Unsurpassed reputation built over 60 years in the custom window treatment business in Richmond, Midlothian and Glen Allen, VA.
- Comprehensive 4,000 sq ft showroom, including full size sample treatments as well as curtain and shade fabric samples.
- No subcontractors. We use our own installers.
- Complete product service and repair including in-shop repair of your existing blinds.
- We stand behind all of our products and services. Many of our products come with a lifetime warranty.
- Service throughout the Richmond, Virginia area, from Midlothian to Glen Allen.
T.R. Mann started Mann Shade Company in 1950, specializing in window shades. The business became MannKidwell Shade Corporation in 1967 when Andrew Kidwell, Jr. purchased it. The current owner, Andrew Kidwell III, graduated from High Point University with a degree in Home Furniture Marketing in 1993, and then worked alongside his father, learning the business from the ground up.
Andrew purchased the business from his father in 1997 and has maintained the high level of customer service that has become synonymous with the name MannKidwell. In January 2005, MannKidwell expanded its product lines and moved into a larger 4,000 sq ft showroom located at 6011 West Broad Street.
Going Green in our Shades & Blinds
MannKidwell has always been thoughtful about the environment in the course of doing business. By recycling cardboard and other packing material, being conscious of paper waste, and carefully selecting the types of office supplies and cleaning products we use in our own showroom, we have tried to do our part in reducing our carbon footprint on the planet.
Now, we are pleased to be able to offer products to our customers that continue in this practice. Many of our products are energy efficient, which reduces the cost of electrical heating, cooling, and lighting, and saves energy resources. Most Hunter Douglas and our Solar Screen shades are GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®. In addition, many Hunter Douglas and Horizons products are made with recycled or sustainable materials.
We are here to help
Contact us or stop by our showroom.